What This Policy Covers
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at the address at the end of this policy. If you have unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Information we Collect, and How we Use It
All users can view our content without sharing any personal information (such as name, address, phone number, etc.). However, we do collect anonymous information about your viewing experience, and we do receive personal contact information when you submit a contact form or subscribe to our email services. This section describes how we collect and use both types of information.
- Email newsletters and dashboards. When you register to receive our email newsletters or to maintain a dashboard account on our site or app, we only add you to our mailing list if you authorize us to. Moreover, we do not share your e-mail address or other personal information with other companies unless authorized by you.
- Surveys and Contests: From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. These typically require personal contact information, which we store in a database and use to notify winners and award prizes. Again, we do not sell or re-distribute this information unless the specific program specifies.
- Children’s privacy. Our sites and apps are intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. We do not seek or willingly collect information on children under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected information on a child under the age of 13, then we will delete that information from our system.
Anonymous, Automated Tracking
As is true of most websites and mobile apps, we automatically collect and store non-personal information from your device using cookies and other tracking technologies. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the website and mobile apps, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information may be be stored in our databases and with third-party vendors who help us manage this data. It includes:
- Log files and IP addresses. As is true of most websites and mobile apps, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files or databases. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Mobile apps and location information: When you download or use our mobile apps, you may give permission to share your device’s real-time location (from cell towers or GPS). This information is used to provide services like localized search results. You can disable location-sharing at any time in your device settings.
- Cross-device tracking: Our sites and apps also participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this and how you can opt-out of this if you so wish.
Information Collected by Third-parties and Partners
- Links to other sites: Our website and mobile apps may contains links to other sites that we do not own or manage. Please be aware that we cannot control how they collect or manage personal information from their Web sites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies and data collection procedures.
When Information may be Shared
- Special cases and legal requirements. In certain situations, Franchise Ventures may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
How we Store and Protect Your Information
- Security measures. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While no data transfer can be completely secure, we will make reasonable efforts to secure your data while being transferred, stored or processed.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Updates to this Policy
Changing your Personal Contact Information
- Unsubscribe from emails. You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email, or by using the link also included in the email.
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you would like to review, correct or change your personal information or need assistance unsubscribing, please contact us at the email or address below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Franchise Ventures, LLC
150 W Brambleton Ave,
Norfolk, VA 23510
Last updated: September 28, 2018